- This event has passed.
Using big data, complexity and design fiction to build future scenarios and transform them into involvement and participation strategies.
Near Future Design is a declination of Speculative Design and Design Fiction that focuses on designing near future scenarios. Big Data is used in the context of a collaborative design process in order to detect and interpret weak signals, symptoms of our society’s transformations. These indicators, in the frame of the current state of the arts, can be used to conceive new scenarios under the form of new products, services, environments and systems in tune with current trends and visions. The objective is to understand Near Future Design methodology and to apply it to various themes.
The course, dedicated to managers who wants to develop transversal skills, useful for designing technological products and services, introduces participants to fundamental concepts such as weak signals analysis and Speculative Design, that is the ability to imagine different possible scenarios starting from what we already know.
WHAT YOU TAKE HOME:
- Learn Design Fiction, Transmedia Storytelling and Near-future Design’s tools and methodologies.
- Learn to transform your vision of the future into a pre-totype.
- Learn how to communicate your pre-totype in a powerful and effective way, using a Transmedia Storytelling.
- Learn to interpret weak signals.
- Imagine new scenarios for the near future.
- Turn your ideas into pre-totypes.
visionaries, communicators, hackers, social engineers, designers, entrepreneurs who want to know and use new tools to communicate their vision of the near future in the contemporary era.
Note: participants must bring their personal laptop.
Registration and welcome coffee
Out of stock